Monday, November 9, 2015

Welcome to our Blog! & how I lost 27 pounds in three months!

I wasn't sure I wanted to start a blog. I am overwhelmed by the move from Cape Cod, MA to our homestead in Maine.
I mean all my stuff is in boxes and I now live in a one room apartment. I have to some how figure out how to live with less and yet still have access to all that I need. Can you say storage space? We have a storage area and we still don't have all of our stuff here yet. So making sure that what I feel I need is accessible is a monumental feat for sure.

I am also trying to keep up with my Facebook page and our YouTube channel. I am working on all my homemade Christmas gifts, and planning for the future of the homestead. I also have to manage the farm and all it's chores while my DH is away for weeks at a time. I am also trying to find a job here in a small town. Let me tell you reentering the work force is not easy when you haven't worked in over a year.

 I think I am handling all of that pretty well, and if you think that is enough for anyone at one time, I have also changed the way I eat. I have been over weight my entire adult life, and I am also afflicted with several health issues that are the root cause of my inability to loose weight easily. So I decided a couple of months ago that it has to change.

I quit sugar, all conventional simple sugars, that means I eat very little fruit. I have started to use Stevia and Erythritol as my sugar substitutes. I am not craving sugar at all after two months of eating LCHF/ Ketogenic diet.

I quit carbs, all carbs, but the ones found in nuts,seeds, veggies, certain fruits and a few of my carbs are saved for Dark Chocolate at the end of the day. Hey, a girl has to have a few comforts in life.

A typical day looks like this.

Breakfast: 2 (MHP fresh)eggs scrambled, (with any combination/mixture of cheese, spinach,            mushrooms, zucchini). 1 to 2 strips of bacon( uncured,no nitrates/nitrites) Local if I can find it.  or some homemade sausage. Usually I will also have some Swiss chard, or turnip greens sauteed in butter/bacon grease. And 1/2 of an Avocado.

Lunch/Dinner: A large salad with spinach and romaine lettuce(about 6 cups of greens) Then some combination of the following; Cucumber, olives,avocado(either as a dressing or in chunks), some kind of cheese, some kind of meat/protein, carrots, tomato and a creamy homemade dressing of some sort.
 If I am still hungry after that in a about 5 or so hours I may have some kind of small dinner.
It may be a 3 to 4 oz.piece of beef/chicken/fish/pork with some veggies like sweet potato or broccoli or cabbage.
Or I might have some kind of homemade soup or stew.

Then I will have a 1/4 cup of some mixed nuts and a single square of a Dark chocolate.
Maybe a cup of Chai with a drop of stevia and some heavy cream.

I will also make some kind of Keto/Paleo/LCHF desert once a week.
I have been experimenting with a few recipes, and so far I am in love with a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting I found.

I have to tell you, that I have not been hungry since I started this new way of eating. I never have cravings for sweets, well rarely, and if I do I can't stand anything super sweet. An apple and some nuts all taste really sweet to me now. Seriously!

I used to be addicted to anything made with wheat. Any kind of bread or cake or cookie. Anything with sugar. I was A.D.D.I.C.T.E.D. I am happy to report that I have lost about 27 pounds in less than three months(as of 11/9/2015) I have more energy. I have more focus. I can go many hours without needing to eat(no more hypoglycemia or migraines). I feel so much better. I wish I had learned about this many years ago.

The reason I am telling you all this, is not to try to make anyone change their lifestyle. I mean you can if you want to. Click on the links and you can learn all about it. No, what I want you to know is that even through all of the changes that are happening in our lives right now, I am starting to take care of my self in a way that I never have before. Yes, there is so much to do here on the homestead. But there will always be a lot to do, that is the nature of this life, is it not? I want you to take from this a desire to find that thing in your life that needs to change. It is hard I know. But I never thought I could do what I am doing now. Just take that first step. It is never too late to do what makes you happy. Not till you draw your last breath.

This Blog is a place to make the journey. Lets do it together. Here on the Maine.Homestead.Project we can be a force for positive change and growth in each others lives. our motto is Peace.Love.Joy and you can be a part of that here.

I look forward to interacting with you all, as often as I can. I can't promise that I will post daily but I am going to try for at least twice a week with one post being an update on my journey into a LCHF life. Please comment and discuss as you wish. I only ask that you keep it family friendly and be as loving and kind as you would like others to be with you. We are all human and we are all brothers and sisters on this journey we call life.

Victoria





No comments:

Post a Comment