Thursday, January 28, 2016

Homestead Kitchen Update

Click here to see the current Kitchen Update Video

It has been a while since my last  Homestead Kitchen Video.
Click here to see my first video.
This was in 2014, soon after we bought the property.
I look back at it now and  it's so funny how we get used to things.
I was used to filling jugs of water from a hose.
I was used to boiling my water on the propane grill.
I was used to washing the few dishes we had in two buckets on the table.
Fast forward a year and a few months...now I have a counter, with a double sink (I got on Craigslist for $25) and cold running water.
I still have to heat my water to do dishes and clean up with. 
But some how it feels like less of a chore.
I keep a large pot of water on the wood stove (we also got from Craigslist for half the price of a new Vermont Castings) at all times, so it's like having on demand hot water.
Water on the stove and my babies on the bed together by the heat of the wood stove.


I have so many favorite things in my new homesteading life, this picture represents one of the purest. The dog and cat lounging by the wood stove(their favorite spot) together.
It is a representation of the peace I feel here.
I can't tell you how much I love being here.
I feel joy every morning that I wake up here and look out the window at the sunrise.
I am truly  thankful for all that I get to do and share with you all.
I hope you enjoy this new Update on the Homestead Kitchen.

~Victoria

Peace.Love.Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment